Your winter 2021/2022 Birthright Israel program with Israel Free Spirit is taking place during the Covid-19 pandemic, and while the State of Israel has made great strides with its vaccination and public health policies, the pandemic response remains dynamic, and our program will be different this season in some important ways.
By agreeing to participate in this program, you are acknowledging the following special recommendations, conditions, and rules:
· You will provide official documentation which demonstrates that you have been – or will have been – fully vaccinated against Covid-19 with an FDA-approved vaccine. Your final vaccine must have taken place at least 14 days prior to your date of departure. This documentation must be provided prior to the flight assignment deadline for your trip.
· You will present a negative PCR Covid-19 test taken within 72 hours of your group flight departure to board the plane. The 72-hour window is counted backwards from the scheduled departure time of your flight. You will be responsible for any testing costs.
· You will purchase a travel insurance policy of your own choosing that covers costs associated with your domestic travel to/from the gateway airport.
· You will submit to a Covid-19 PCR test and antibody test on arrival in Israel that has been organized by the program at the program’s own expense. The antibody test involves a blood draw administered by a medical professional.
· The post-arrival entry test results may take 6-36 hours to be processed, and during the interim period, you will remain with the group at our arrival accommodations.
· In the rare case that you have a positive Covid-19 PCR test in Israel after landing or prior to departure, we will cover your quarantine costs and get you on a flight back home once possible.
· If your antibodies test comes out negative, you will not stay in Israel, you will fly home once possible.
· During the program, you will follow general public health regulations and rules established by the State of Israel, Birthright Israel, Israel Free Spirit and our travel partners (e.g. airlines, hotels, buses, and sites). Such regulations and rules may involve mask-wearing, social distancing in certain situations, and additional testing requirements.
· At the end of the program, you will submit to a pre-return flight Covid-19 PCR test. In the
event the PCR test returns a positive result, we will cover your quarantine costs and get you on a flight back home once possible.
· The refund of your $250 program deposit may be withheld if you do not follow the rules, regulations, or guidelines covered in this document, and if you are not certain about their meaning, it is your responsibility to seek clarification from the program organizer.
The above-noted recommendations, conditions, and rules are subject to change without notice, which include the possibility of the program’s cancellation or interruption due to unforeseen developments.