Will any Birthright Israel trips be affected by the Coronavirus outbreak?

In accordance with the highest level of precaution, Birthright Israel has postponed all trips scheduled to depart in May and June. We remain optimistic that our trips scheduled from July to September will depart as planned.

The safety and well-being of our Birthright Israel participants is our primary operating principle and foremost concern and we want to take additional precaution.  We are in close contact with the Ministry of Health and security authorities regarding the Coronavirus on a daily basis.

What happens if Birthright Israel decides to cancel trips to Israel due to the Coronavirus?

In the event that your trip is cancelled due to the Coronavirus, you will be offered the opportunity to change your trip date this summer, carry over your deposit to a future season or receive a refund, whichever you prefer.

Until when can I decide to change my mind about traveling if my trip is in July to September ?

Due to the uncertainty of the Coronavirus we have extended the cancellation deadline (until further notice) to 35 days before your scheduled departure for July to September trips. If you change your mind 35 days or more before your scheduled flight, all you need to do is email us at info@israelfreespirit.com and ask for a refund of your deposit.

What if I change my mind a few days before the trip and don’t feel it is safe to travel?

If you change your mind after the above deadline has passed (depending on your travel date) and all trips are happening as planned, your deposit will not be refunded.

What if I ordered a domestic flight?

You are required to insure your domestic flight. Birthright Israel will not compensate any domestic flight costs in the event your trip is cancelled.

Can I extend my flight?

Birthright Israel will not allow any further flight extensions until we have final confirmation for your trip.

What happens if our group becomes quarantined in Israel? 

Birthright Israel is in touch with Israel’s Ministry of Health and is following the development of the Coronavirus on a daily basis. If there is a need for a group to become quarantined, we will cancel the arrival of additional groups until further notice and follow the orders of the Ministry of Health to do our best to get all participants home as soon as possible.


Share with your family and friends