Registration for Summer 2014 Taglit-Birthright Israel trips opens Wednesday, February 19, 2014 @ 10am EST for new applicants. Registration for returning applicants opens Tuesday, February 18, 2014 @ 12pm EST. Here's a sample summer itinerary for a sneak preview of our trips.
Sunday - Israel Bound
- Meet in the airport to begin our trip.
- Depart for Israel and spend night above the clouds.
Day 1 - Monday - Along the Coast
- Shalom & Welcome to Israel! Meet your staff and begin the journey!
- Tour Caesarea, a coastal city.
- Lunch overlooking the Mediterranean Sea in Zichron Yaakov.
- Orientation and ice breakers in the city of Tiberius.
Day 2 - Tuesday - Hiking, Touring and Wine Tasting
- Begin your day hiking in the Golan Heights.
- Tour the city of Katzrin.
- Wine-tasting at the Golan Heights Winery.
- Observation point and former Israeli bunker on Mt.Bental.
Day 3 - Wednesday - Exploring Tzfat
- Travel north for a tour of Tzfat, Jewish mysticism’s birthplace.
- Meet Avraham Levental, the famous Kabballah artist.
- Give back to the community with a volunteer project.
- Use your free time for shopping in Tzfat’s Artist Colony.
Day 4 - Thursday - Israelis Become Part of the Family
- Meet eight Israeli soldiers; they’re spending the next five days with us.
- Trek along the Chatsbani water trail and kayak down the Jordan River!
- Explore the Kibbutz Misgav Am, a Lebanese border lookout.
- Get to know the Israeli soldiers with a group activity.
Day 5 - Friday - Back in Time to Ancient Jerusalem
- Welcome to Jerusalem! Our first stop is Tayelet, a Jerusalem lookout.
- Experience Machane Yehuda, the colorful Jerusalem marketplace.
- Walk the streets of Jerusalem and shop during your free time for lunch.
- Shabbat experience with a concert and celebration at the Western Wall.
- Sing, dance, and eat at the Shabbat dinner in the center of the Old City.
Day 6 - Saturday - Shabbat in Jerusalem
- Optional visits to local Jerusalem synagogues for Shabbat services.
- Group activity and walking tour of Jerusalem neighborhoods.
- Conclude Shabbat with a musical Havdallah ceremony.
- Leisure night on Ben Yehuda Street.
Day 7 - Sunday - Night in the Desert
- Join people from around the world at the Western Wall (Kotel).
- Dig into the past at the Southern Wall Excavations.
- Travel to our desert experience with the Bedouins.
- Ride through the Negev desert on a camel!
- Eat a traditional Bedouin Hafla dinner.
- End the night with a bonfire under the stars.
- Overnight in Chan Shayarot, Bedouin Tent.
Day 8 - Monday - Adventures in the Judean Desert
- Hike Masada, the ancient mountain-top fortress.
- Float and relax at the Dead Sea.
- Nature walk to the desert waterfalls at Ein Gedi Reserve.
- Green Activity in Shvil Hasalat, a farm in the middle of the desert.
- Farewell to the Israeli soldiers and travel to Tel Aviv.
- Night out in Tel Aviv!
Day 9 - Tuesday - The Pulse of Israel in Tel Aviv
- Walking tour of the historic Jaffa on the Mediterranean shores.
- Lunch in Nachalat Binyamin / Carmel Market.
- Art on the Streets: Graffiti Tour of Tel Aviv.
- Discover Independence Hall, a piece of Israel's new history.
- Guest speaker, Neil Lazarus, gives us an Israel political update in Jerusalem.
Day 10 - Wednesday - Remembrance
- Visit Yad Vashem, Israel’s Holocaust Memorial and Museum.
- Hear a personal testimony from a Holocaust survivor.
- Pay respects to Israel’s fallen soldiers at Har Herzl.
- Final Banquet.
Thursday - Saying Goodbye
- Bye, Israel! We’ll miss you and hope to come back soon!
- Arrive at US Airport with new friends, amazing photos, fun souvenirs, and lots of memories!