Participants will be removed from the program for use or possession of alcohol against Taglit regulations, for failure to abide by the terms of this policy, and also for level of inebriation that impedes participation in an activity, or if the participant is intoxicated. There will be no tolerance for drunkenness and/or drunk or disorderly conduct.
· Drinking is not permitted on the flight to Israel.
· Drinking is never permitted during program time or while on the bus.
· Drinking is not permitted in participants or any hotel/guest house bedrooms.
· Drinking is only permitted in locations that are authorized and designated for that purpose eg, pubs, hotel bar etc. with the Trip Organizers full knowledge and consent.
· Purchase of any form of alcohol for later use outside the designated place is not permitted.
· It is forbidden to buy or to be in possession of bottles or multiple cans of alcoholic drinks of any kind; from supermarkets, grocery stores, kiosks, duty free, or anywhere else.
· Staff may not purchase alcohol for participants
· Participants may purchase a closed bottle of wine as a gift to bring home when visiting a winery with their group.
· Purchasing alcohol in the hotel bar is only permitted if the Trip Organizer has personally approved such to the group’s educational staff.
· In the evenings, before the visit to Yad Vashem (for educational reasons) and strenuous activities such as the climb up Massada (for health reasons), alcohol consumption will not be allowed. Trip Organizers may add to this list at their discretion.
· Outings to pubs and bars as a group activity is not permitted.
· During ‘Leisure Nights’ participants may go to a bar and pub and drink responsibly within the parameters of the Taglit regulations. They may not purchase or be in possession of bottles of alcohol.
· Soldiers participating in the program as part of Mifgashim may not drink any alcoholic drinks due to general I.D.F.'s instruction
· Staff are not permitted to drink during the course of the 10 day trip.
Failure to abide by the policy will result in immediate removal from the trip.
Each participant must sign the below agreement prior to boarding the group flight to Israel.
I hereby state that I have reviewed and understand the Taglit – Birthright Israel Alcohol Policy.
I agree to abide by this policy.
Neither the Trip Organizer nor BRI is obligated to give me any “second chances” or warnings concerning my misconduct.
I acknowledge that if I am removed from the trip I will be responsible for all expenses incurred from the date of my removal, including accommodations, as well as for the original cost of my airfare and of the return to my point of origin as well as forfeiting my deposit. Should I not embark on the return flight that was booked for me, that in addition to the above costs, the return portion of my flight will be deemed forfeited and I will be responsible for purchasing my own ticket home at my expense.
Print Name ________________________________________