The Israel Free Spirit trip is about...
Personal Touch from Start to Finish
- We make sure you and your friends are on the same trip.
- Our trip includes Jews of every background and affiliation.
- We give you program options to stay in Israel longer!
Must See Destinations
- Walking the alleyways and tunnels of Jerusalem’s Old City.
- Seeing the sun rise over the desert from high atop Masada.
- Taking a boat ride at sunset on the Sea of Galilee.
- Floating in the Dead Sea and relax by the Mediterranean.
Israel as Your Homeland
- Israeli peers on your trip to enrich the whole experience.
- Become part of the Israel community through volunteer opportunities.
- Explore Israel's city life from outside cafes to busy markets.
- Digging into history (literally) at a 2000 year-old archaeological site.
- Thought provoking discussions designed to help you explore the richness of Jewish life, tradition, and spirituality.
- Visiting the ancient sites that connect the Jewish people to our history.
- Experience an authentic Shabbat in the Old City of Jerusalem.
Israel - Off the Beaten Path
- Bonfire under the stars.
- Dig into history (literally) at 2000-year-old archaeological site.
- Experience Israel's beautiful countryside through hiking, camel-riding, and rafting.
Or call 212-613-8309 to speak to an Israel Free Spirit Representative
Why Is This Trip Unique?
We believe that experiencing Israel should be more than just taking a tour. The Israel Free Spirit experience is a hands-on journey where participants gain a rich appreciation for the beauty of Israel and a deeper connection to our global Jewish community as well as our vibrant and enduring Jewish Homeland. Perhaps most importantly, our participants form a lifetime of new friendships with fellow travelers and Israeli peers who will accompany and enrich our experience. Assuredly, there’s no better way to experience Israel than with Israelis by your side.
The staff on our trips are comprised of Taglit-Birthright Israel alumni, JSU & NCSY staff and college Jewish Education professionals who share a passion for Israel and bring extensive background in informal Jewish education.
The overall theme of the Israel Free Spirit experience is rooted in the three Jewish pillars: Jewish Learning & Spirituality; Service & Relating to the Land and Helping Others. Israel Free Spirit challenges our participants to experience Israel through spiritually-inspiring discussions; breath-taking outdoor hikes, and opportunities to help those in need . Of course, the trip itinerary is full of overflowing with simple pleasures and an overall spirit of adventure.
The spiritual highlight of the program is almost always the Shabbat program. Unlike many other trips, the Israel Free Spirit program always spends Friday and Saturday in the heart of Jerusalem so that we can walk together to the Kotel (the Western Wall). Many participants reflect that the experience at the Kotel was one of the most memorable, enriching, and personally- moving experiences of their life. One wall. One people. One shared destiny. Discover Israel with all its beauty on an authentic, undiluted, and original Israel experience! When it comes to experiencing 3500 years of Jewish wisdom, history, culture and adventure; no one reveals Israel with its depth and spirit better than the Israel Free Spirit program. If you want to explore the secrets and tap into the vast pleasures of the amazing Jewish people, our history and our religion, then this program is for you!